Quote

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. (D&C 121:7-8)

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sprint triathlon

I just completed my first ever sprint triathlon! It took place on the fourth floor of the Westin hotel here in Pittsburgh. All indoors! It was pretty weird...and I'm pretty sure the 25 lengths they had us do in the pool (which was 18 yards each length) didn't add up to 500 meters. Hmmmm haha

But it was awesome! We did the swim first, then the airdyne bike, then the treadmill run. We barely did any training for it, so it was an absolute miracle that we finished....let alone got 5th and 6th place out of the women. Then again, only about 15 women competed...haha. 

Annie and I right before the swim
About to jump on the airdyne bikes. Aren't the shirts they gave us super cute??
I can't figure out why Annie won't look at the camera. She said its because she was looking at how bad her hair looked haha

After the whole thing. Can you tell we were pretty wasted by our shiny foreheads?



I love training for things, like the half marathon I did with my bestie Sarah a couple of years ago. It's pretty much the only way I can motivate myself to exercise, even though I really do love to exercise. I think it's mostly the early morning thing. Bleh.

I want to train for another race before I leave on my mission. I'm planning on doing the midnight New Years 5K run in Central Park with my best friends from Japan Ali Beavers and Kathryn Germano, but that's totally weak sauce, so I need to find something else to do.

2 comments:

  1. that is AWESOME. i can't even motivate myself when i have something to train for...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww!! you did it! you didn't even tell me when i called the other day! that is weird that it was all indoors. i don't think i could do that.
    and i can't motivate myself without anything to train for, or anyone to train with, either :(

    i miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails