Quote

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. (D&C 121:7-8)

Monday, November 8, 2010

Opening for Tim Ruff at Papa J's Centro

On Saturday night I played a gig at a bar in Pittsburgh called Papa J's Centro. A musician named Tim Ruff is promoting the release of his album and asked me to open for him after hearing me play at an open mic. 
Playing this gig made me so nostalgic for my 'And Everything Nice' days with Zack
It was a great night! Annie and I started the night out dancing our little tails off at a real Indian new years celebration at one of our neighbors houses, which got me into the perfect giddy mood to perform!

Annie and I right before I went on
I didn't get any pictures of me performing on my own because Justin was video taping the whole thing, but here are some of me with Tim Ruff singing "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait, and "Falling Slowly" by The Swell Season.

The venue was pretty small, but I loved it because the crowd was really friendly and interactive.




I played 7 songs, two of which were originals, and 3 of which were duets with Annie. I had so much fun singing with her!

A guy named James played right before me and he was AMAZING, so we're all hoping to do another show together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails