Quote

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. (D&C 121:7-8)

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Curtis and my canteen

Sooo....my friend Curtis and I recently made a bet. I've been telling Curtis to lose some weight for a while now, but he doesn't seem to have any motivation to do it. So being the good friend that I am, I decided to give him some. Actually, I think he came up with the entire premise and conditions of the bet all on his conniving little own. But that's not the point. Here it is:

I am going home to Colorado for 10 days before I leave on my mission on January 26th, and if Curtis loses 15 lbs by the time I get home on the 16th of January we are going to make out. Yep, that's right. We've even specified what this exactly means, and yes, it is what you think. However, there's also a catch: I have to lose 8 lbs by the 16th or I have to do the dirty deed regardless of whether he lost his 15 or not!

Here is a series of pictures to demonstrate the need for the bet
Sophomore year of high school.
Senior year
freshman year of college
self explanatory
Now.
 So, are there any guesses on whether I am going to fill my canteen before my mission after all? I hadn't planned to, but now I'm getting a little nervous. I honestly don't think he can do it, but I am also a little scared that I can't hold up my end. I mean, 8 lbs? I hope he has fun making out with an emaciated skeleton!

I am extremely interested in the outcome of this little bet. The stakes are pretty high. Maybe I'll send him some chocolate.

6 comments:

  1. LUCY TINGEY!!!!! hahahaha this is freaking hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of me eating is not fair. i was doped up on pain meds from my mouth surgery. that is not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Curtis wins. And I think Goose does too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was Josh who commented above! this is Sarah. I think this is hilarious, and I am so excited to see the outcome of it. I only wish I could be there when Lu is CO, not to see you make out, but to Curtis skinny again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails